How to Install Downloaded GIS Data
- Complete Steps 1 and 2 of computer set up (up to the point of data download) as described in either “GIS-GPS Quick Start – Computer Instructions for Macs” or in “Technical Appendix E – Adapting Mac-Based GIS and GPS Lessons for PC Use”.
- Open the folder /ESRI/AEJEE/Data on the computer’s hard drive and create a new folder within it named Data_MapTEACH_WGS84 (be very careful to type in the folder name exactly as shown)
- Download and then open (extract) each of the zipped data files listed below
- Depending on your computer platform and extraction software, load unzipped (extracted) MapTEACH data by dragging or copy-pasting or extracting EACH folder (group of files) into Data_MapTEACH_WGS84
- When executed correctly the full pathname leading to each group of MapTEACH datasets should be: /ESRI/AEJEE/Data/Data_MapTEACH_WGS84/folder_name (where folder_name is the name of each of the unzipped folders)